Monday, February 28, 2011

5K


{{MY 5K JOURNEY BEGINS}}

My good friend recently asked me if I would like to do a 5K with her. I said sure but, my running is a little rusty. So, she introduced me to this really cool APP. for my iphone. It's called Get Running. It claims to get you off the couch and running for a half an hour in nine weeks. I agreed to do it.

Today was day one. It was like I had my own navigational system while running. One of the features is you can listen to your music and it turns it down while talking to you. It was very encouraging having a lady with a cool accent talking me through my run. It also logs your achievements and you only have to run 3 days a week.

I should be ready to run a 5K at the end of April. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. I ran my first 5K last year and I'm planning on running my third in May. They are fun and give you such a sense of accomplishment! Good luck on the training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! That is awesome and I wish you all the best. You will do well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud that you are my friend. I honestly do not know what I would do without you. Thanks for being so wonderful. AND why does my blog still look blah, and yours looks like a boutigue siting. :)

    ReplyDelete