Wednesday, February 2, 2011

{Mini Valentine's Chalkboards}




I had so much Fun making these Mini Valentine's Chalkboards! You could make these for any Holiday or you could make them plain. If you make a cupcake bar for Valentine's Day you could use these to put infront of each item. Cupcakes, Icing, Sprinkles, Nuts, Cherries, etc.... It will take your buffet to the next level!



First: Find a fun shaped mini chalkboard. I found these at HobbyLobby down Valentine's Isle.


Second: Find a wooden base.


Third: Find smallest dowel rod possibl and cut to 3 1/4 inch.


Fourth: Drill small hole in base. Please use proper saftey precautions!



Fifth: Paint dowel rod and base.



Sixth: Sprinkle with GLITTER! The more sparkle the better.



Seventh: Glue it all together. I used woodglue.



Eighth: Be creative and use as signs or place settings.


Ninth: Most important... Have FUN!



15 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for sharing how to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! A cupcake bar would be so much fun! They really need a Hobby Lobby up here in Canada - all the good stuff seems to come from there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did this with chalkboard! Very cute idea.
    Thanks for the kind words on my blog. I just added your party to my blog list. I will be linking up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you add my party to your party list? Thanks!

    http://ironvioletdesigns.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the glitter!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stoping by and all the nice comments. Jen I would love to add your party! consider it done.


    The Treasurista

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! So cute! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I'm your newest follower from Tatertots and Jello!

    http://barefootbysea.blogspot.com/2011/02/fairy-wings-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling idea, and simple too! Thanks so much for the how-to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I featured you here:
    http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/02/project-party-weekend-round-up.html

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking up! I'll be featuring this on my blog on Saturday!

    http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com

    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so cute!! I can't believe you found those shaped chalkboards! Love em!! Thanks for auditioning for OMTWI!

    ReplyDelete